8-32 channel GSM gateway with Voice (VoIP/SIP) and SMS features based on OS Linux
A universal hardware platform for reducing calls costs and termination. 8-32 channel GSM gateway Polygator K32 is a multi-functional device for 8-32 SIM-cards. First of all it serves for connection of GSM and VoIP networks. Therefore it may also serve as IP-PBX or SMS server. 8-32 channel GSM Gateway K32 is especially relevant for calls routing between desk IP-phones and mobile networks (GSM) as well as receiving/sending SMS, sending USSD-requests.
Integration of the VoIP-GSM gateway into the corporate telephone network facilitates saving on costs of «office — mobile phone» calls due to advanced routing model based on phone prefixes. By the means of GSM-gateway it is easy to create telephony at locations where PSTN telephony is unavailable while keeping high voice quality and reliability.
This model allows scaling of GSM-channels (places for SIM-cards) number from 8 to 16, 24 and 32. The chassis of K32 has four universal slots for PCI and/or PCI-express extension boards (GSM, 3G/GSM). Alternatively opposite to scaling channels it is possible to use SIM-management technology and scale system with SIM-banks.
There is an IP-PBX Asterisk of latest version could be installed on the GSM gateway since the device operates under OS Linux 2.6.
Application and benefits
Gateways are reliable and straightforward in operation in addition they are compatible with SIM-Server/SIM-bank solutions by Polygator. The gateway design assumes 19-inch rack mounting (4 units height) or desktop placement consequently it can be placed in a data center as well as on the office table. The equipment is compatible with IP PBX’es like Asterisk, 3CX, Oktell, Askozia, Elastix, Lynx, Cisco Call-Manager, Kerio Operator, etc because of SIP support. Applications include:
- Gateway between cell networks and IP-PBX.
- Bulk SMS gateway or SMS server.
- Call termination/origination.
- Establishing of GSM-gateways distributed network by the means of the remote SIM-card management (SIM-server/SIM-bank).
It provides support of all main telephony and SMS protocols thanks to embedded IP-PBX Asterisk and embedded SMS-server (SMPP). Scalability and openness for adding custom Linux-software creates almost unlimited potential for advancing.
Free technical support – 1 year. Warranty – 2 years.
- Quick-start – ready for operation out of the box
- Scalability (increasing GSM-channels quantity) up to 32 channels
- OS Linux – open system for fine-tuning by any Linux-specialist
- High traffic capacity – 600 minutes per day and more, per channel covers almost all office needs
- 24/7 reliable operation especially relevant for wholesale VoIP business
- Callback feature — additional money saving feature for cell phone calls
- Closed channel mode — placing call via specific GSM-module
- Lowering base stations load – option to power off unused GSM-modules
- System management and monitoring via Web GUI, console or SSH
- Detailed CDR – gateway automatically stores detailed information about calls into a file in addition to GUI log
- Detailed cause codes (disconnect codes) of a mobile network – useful feature for predictive dialers
- Gateway is ready to act as a standalone PBX thanks to preinstalled popular free IP-PBX Asterisk
- Incoming call forwarding — thanks to gateway’s own routing table, the incoming call may be forwarded to some route automatically
- Outgoing call LCR – ability to route outgoing calls by best (cheapest) cost in addition to prefix-based routing
- Integrated LAN and WAN ports — it is possible to use either public or private IP-addresses which covers almost any possible usage scenario
- VPN-client – client for VPN-networks is preinstalled
- Cutting costs for calls from office to mobile phones
- Incoming calls advanced processing as a result of extension post-dialing support. Comfortable way to reach the office staff for clients and workers – just dial any SIM-card in gateway followed by extension number
- Redundant voice channels for office in addition to office landlines
- Quick installation of telephones for remote office or shop, where fixed lines maybe unavailable or costly
- Cutting calls cost when travelling abroad
Consider other models of GSM-gateways